Ref NoDCS/2/6/7
TitleNew Farm
Admin/Biog HistoryNew Farm (also known as The White House) in Haslemere, Surrey, was a private house built by Amyas Connell (of Connell and Ward) in 1931-1933 for Sir Arthur Lowes Dickinson.
DescriptionContains research material relating to New Farm (also known as the White House) including:

-Published articles, dated 1933-2000, relating to the building of New Farm, and its restoration by Avanti Architects in the 1990s
-Draft article by Sharp and Rendel (née Godwin) with annotations entitled 'What was blush pink is now white: a house at Grayswood, Nr Haslemere, Surrey by the New Zealand architect Amyas Connell'
-Research notes by Sharp and Rendel (née Godwin)
-Architectural drawings of layout plans for ground, first and roof floors
-A corporate Christmas card [from 1933] with a picture of New Farm on the front (thought to be produced by Connell, Ward and Lucas and sent to clients)
-B&w photographs [dated c1930s], postcards, and colour photographs [dated c2000s] showing the exterior and interior of New Farm, as well as an advertisment for Crittall Windows with a picture of New Farm on the front
-Correspondence, dated February 2000-October 2001, of Rendel (née Godwin) with Waverley Borough Council concerning research about New Farm, and Mr and Mrs Heffernan (owners of New Farm in the 2000s) relating to visiting the property for research purposes
Date1933-2001
LevelFile
Extent1 file
Thumbnail

DCS_2_6_7a.jpg

DCS_2_6_7b.jpg

DCS_2_6_7c.jpg

Image CaptionCorporate Christmas card produced by Connell Ward and Lucas with a picture of New Farm on the front, [dated 1933]
B&w photograph showing a fireplace in New Farm, [dated c1930s]
Advertisement for Crittall Windows with a picture of New Farm on the front, [dated c1930s]
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019