Ref NoDCS/2/6/9
TitleVitamin Café
Admin/Biog HistoryThe Vitamin Café at 419 Oxford Street, London, was a café built by Amyas Connell and his sister-in-law, A.M. Hargroves (sister of Connell's wife, Maud Hargroves), in 1931, using a new product called Plymax (plywood sprayed with molten metal) in the design.
DescriptionContains research material relating to the Vitamin Café, including:

-B&w photograph, [dated c1930s], showing the interior of the Vitamin Café
-Photocopies of published articles, dated 1931-1932, relating to the design and opening of the Vitamin Café
-Photocopy of an architectural drawing produced by Connell and Hargroves showing the layout plan for the Vitamin Café
-Research notes by Rendel (née Godwin) dated 2000
Date[c1930s]-2000
LevelFile
Extent1 file
Thumbnail

DCS_2_6_9.jpg

Image CaptionB&w photograph showing the interior of the Vitamin Café, [dated c1930s]
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2018